Play music with only your hands
What is the handflute?
The handflute is an instrument you make by putting your hands together (take a look at our tutorial). You can always play it wherever you are since you don't need anything else than your hands.
There are many different names of the handflute. Some of them are handwhistling, hand ocarina and birdcall. Most handflute players don't know there is a name of it and even less a website. There are probably tens or hundreds of millions of people playing the handflute. Our facebook group only got just over 200 likes though.
Professional handflute performing is not very common yet but there are a few handflute players out there performing the instrument on a professional level. Combining it with other instruments works perfectly. You can see some of the good players in the "Handflute Marathon" video below. There are also a few videos in the Hall of Fame section with the greatest. If you want to learn how to play, watch the tutorials on the site.
HANDFLUTE IN MEDIA
- Sally Cohn on America's Got Talent (2010)
- Gustav Hagner on Danish Talent (2008)
- Jef874 on a Chinese talent show (2014)
- Spencer Lancaster on XWIA (1998)
- Ben Brenner performing on The Tonight Show with David Letterman (1979)
- Ben Brenner with The Three Tendons at Jay Leno (2001)
- Ben Brenner on Don Polec's World (2001)
- Ben Brenner on Philly After Midnight (2001)
- Everything you need to know about Handwhistling (March 18, 2015)
- For 30 years, Spencer Lancaster's fingers have played an instrumental role in his life (June 29, 2001)
- Whistling Peter Hassell demonstrating famous interlocking that has won him whistling fame (June 21, 1985)
- Whistling as a full-time career (June 20, 1985)
- The Plight of the "Hands" Soloist - To Toot or Not to Toot (March, 1978)
- 'Hand-made' music (January 27, 1976)
- Brenner touches crowd with handy performance (February 18, 1975)
- Ben Brenner holds music in his hands, literally (May 3, 1972)
If you want to help us get more visitors on the website, you're welcome to use these banners if you link to our website.|